There are many great attractions in Omaha, and we hope you'll come here for your mission experience. However, we do ask that groups schedule any "fun" or recreational activities at the beginning of their time here, if possible. This allows your group to focus on the mission and justice component of their experience, rather than the fun to be had at the end.
Henry Doorly Zoo
This may be mission groups' favorite stop in Omaha. The Henry Doorly Zoo is home to the world's largest indoor desert and nocturnal exhibits, along with one of the world's largest indoor rainforests. There are also incredible aquariums, a butterfly and insect pavilion, an IMAX theater, and the Skyfari aerial tram. Our zoo is said to be one of the top five in the country!
This is Omaha's historic district where groups enjoy shopping, watching street performers, having ice cream at Ted & Wally's, eating dinner, or watching the horse carriages go by. Two blocks away, the slides at Gene Leahy Pedestrian Mall are definitely worth a stop, but bring your own waxed paper! Within walking distance, Heartland of America Park sits along the Missouri River and offers a great place for group picnics or Frisbee games. There is a riverfront path that connects Heartland of America Park with one of Omaha's newest attractions, the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge. This is the longest pedestrian bridge to link two states, and groups will enjoy straddling the Nebraska/Iowa line painted on the bridge.
Favorite Eateries for Mission Teams
• Spaghetti Works (budget friendly)
• Zio's Pizzeria (budget friendly)
• Upstream Brewing Company (adults)
• Ted & Wally's Ice Cream (cash only)
Other Group Hot-Spots & Attractions
• Papio Fun Park
• Coco Key Water Resort
• Amazing Pizza Machine
• Mahoney State Park (30 minutes from downtown Omaha)
• Platte River State Park (30 minutes from downtown Omaha)
• Strategic Air and Space Museum (30 minutes from downtown Omaha)
• Simmons' Wildlife Safari Park (30 minutes from downtown Omaha)
• Jazz on the Green (July)
• Shakespeare on the Green (June & July)
• Summer Arts Festival (June)
• Omaha Storm Chasers
• NCAA College World Series
• Lake Zorinsky Water Park
• Joslyn Art Museum
• Durham Museaum
• Lauritzen Gardens
For more information, check out the Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau website.